Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I think it's important for us to understand what military families go through when their family member, their Hero makes the Ultimate sacrifice. Before I became an Army Mom I never thought about the military except for when the news would broadcast about their death.

When my son was in the JROTC that was my first introduction and even then I had no idea what would lay a head for my son. My son's best friend James enlisted first and was in the tank division that enter Iraq. Were it not for television coverage we would have no idea what was going on and how horrific war was. For me watching that and knowing James was there, was now reality for me. My son has been in the army for thirteen years now and I knew and understood deployment and constantly praying for your child's safe return. I am learning now about PTSD and how it affects the whole family and how that can end tragically. Our veterans live with the memories and visions they couldn't leave behind. I not not know how it feels to lose a family member to war. I've been doing memorials for twelve years and it is very sad but I can't imagine losing a child as many families have. Only another family losing a Hero can no the pain.

I have come across video's that share what happens when a soldiers makes the ultimate sacrifice and those people that we never think about that takes tender care of every Fallen Hero. After you view them please share on your social media channel.


















No comments: